It’s been oh-so long since I’ve done one of these Love Lists.
Here are some things that have made my heart expand lately…
- knitting up a storm! (soft, thick yarns in delicious blends of colour)
- creative baking adventures (if you wanna make a happy belly, check out recipes for Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies, Pumpkin Swirl Brownies, and Chocolate Zucchini Muffins <—-my secret ingredient is cardamom )
- writing my first ever fictional short story of my adult life and getting it PUBLISHED (in a really fantastic literary mag that is just starting up and needs some more love & support)
- skype dates with faraway friends
- car windows down in mid November, warm sun on my face
- empty, winding roads, feeling free
- sending secret mail
- sinking deep into myself in the clear & open expanse of silence
- dreamy voices on the radio (CBC Radio 3 love)
- lyrical story-telling
- a gorgeous cover of a Timber Timbre song, by Wilderness of Manitoba
- Poetry is everywhere, if you just open yourself up to it
- a father and son setting up a full drum kit in a foggy, empty field behind the subdivision
- the harbourfront with the tiny lighthouse in my hometown (sitting with legs dangling off the edge, listening to the waves crash up against the pier)
- stark, skeletal trees dotted throughout open fields
- moody clouds, rays of sun through shades of grey, opening up the sky
- empty swing sets in parks
- all-you-can-eat chinese food buffet
- the magic of a (competent) chiropractor
- there’s a band from PEI called ‘Smothered in Hugs’ (I’m not sure how good their music is, but their name totally made me smile)
- ONSIE PAJAMAS!! Remember those from childhood? Well, they’re back! Proof:
- laughing to myself about old, funny stories and silly, random thoughts in my head <—there’s nothing wrong with this, I swear!
- shopping misadventures with my awesome little brother, laughing til my belly hurts (“there’s an onion ring in the bin of knitted socks!”)
- discounted books from Value Village
How is your week going, friends? What are some of the little details that make you happy?
Wishing you lots of love and beauty xo.