Over the last little while, I’ve received a few wonderful Reader Awards from some super lovely fellow women bloggers. A huge thanks to Jazz for the Reader’s Appreciation Award. She has a lot of beautiful photos and content over at Milkshakesinspring.
Another big thanks to Denise at PoetryCurator! Much appreciation for the Sunshine Award. She is a freelance writer who has written and compiled poems and other creative works on faith and healing from the mental health system.
Lastly, thanks to Melody at DonkeyWhispererFarm for the Kreative Blog Award xo.
The rules in accepting these awards:
1.Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2.List seven random things about yourself.
3.Nominate 10 other blogs that you admire and enjoy.
4.Notify the nominees.
5.Display the award logo on your blog.
Seven Things About Me:
1. I majored in Women’s Studies in university. I was/am a total feminist theory nerd 🙂
2. I am obsessed with books. I want to live in a library or bookstore. I am usually reading several books at once. I keep stacks of books lying around my room(s).
3. My favourite bird is the Atlantic Puffin. After missing them when I traveled around Iceland a few years back, I had the privilege of being inches from them in Newfoundland last year. On my tummy, in the dirt, in the rain, camera in hands, on the edge of a cliff, no one else around, waves crashing and hissing all around me. Magical!
4. When I was younger, I was really into fitness and played soccer and tennis. Now, I can barely walk up a flight of stairs without becoming winded.
5. My favourite sandwich: avocado, tomato, and extra old cheddar on rye.
6. I still have the short stories that I wrote in Grade 1. I always wanted to be a writer. I was always just too scared.
7. I was born in Scotland. I’m hoping to move back to the UK soon, for a little while. Adventures ahead? I think so!
Now, to share the love, I pass on my blog appreciation to these fantastic folks. Thanks for continual gorgeous images and words! It makes my eyes and brain really happy 🙂
C.B. Wentworth – a beautiful writer and creativity extraordinaire who just finished the first draft for her second novel. Congrats!
Free to Be Courageous – a beautiful woman with an inspiring and reflective blog about life, courage, and baking! (chocolate and self-growth? yes, please!)
Another 12 Novels in 12 Months – Sandra is so f’in’ creative and ambitious! Follow her adventures in writing (this is her 2nd year doing this inspiring challenge!)
Connor Cullen – an onslaught of stunning photos to feast your eyes on! delicious.
Serenity Spell – gorgeous and fascinating photos and info about Florida’s threatened wildlife/ecosystems
Searching To See – a wonderfully poetic, intelligent, philosophical blog about photography and being in the world
Cristian Mihai – a writer’s blog super-packed with insights into the process of writing, creativity and life.
HeartWork – a gorgeous space for creativity, soul-growth, reflection, and over-coming obstacles.
The Smallest Forest – lovely arts and crafts blog by a multi-talented artist
Love Out Loud – a beautiful collection of thoughts, reflections, and images about love, life, and the simple things