Monday is the new Sunday, apparently.
- mindfulness meditation (learning to be fully present in the moment -even if only for a moments here & there- letting go of expectations and the desire to change everything all the time…just.simply.stopping. <—it’s not simple)
- Charlotte’s blueberry bran muffins (the key is molasses here, folks)
- participating in positivity, praise, pride in someone’s progress and accomplishments
- ideas! ideas! ideas! they’ve just been a’flowin’ lately (passion prevails!)
- Peterborough Pride Parade (fun, energy, colours, sauciness, love & beer)
- alliteration of the letter “P”
- photography workshops (with a super cool lady!) learning how to take (hopefully) good photos off the ‘automatic’ setting
- practicing photography every chance I get (and probably bugging everything whose faces I shove my lens in) – exciting new passion to share in, yeah! (who wants to go on some walks/excursions?!)
- somewhat related but still clearly worth mentioning: impromptu photoshoots with Gareth (laughing about imagined celebrity statuses)
- making the conscious decision to stop my anxiety medication because it’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a long while now – persistence & perserverence with riding out the lovely (read: nasty) side effects (note: the meditation mentioned above helps). This is around Day 7 med free (proud!)
- Jennifer castle (a cool dudette named Iris shared it with me and it gaves me SHIVERS, no lie. It’s that hauntingly beautiful)
- Indian food, especially from Shafiq’s (chicken korma, onion bahji, naan, aloo gobi) (BONUS: leftovers!)
- laughing and joking with him (moments upon moments of pure uninhibited closeness)
- laugh lines at the corners of eyes
- I now know 5 chords on guitar and can play a really basic tune. Rockstar!
- patterns of clouds, shades of the evening sky (I’m always looking upwards these days. Literally)
- sitting in the shower, and then plugging the bathtub (the best of both worlds!)
- running for the warmth of under the covers
- I cannot get enough toasted tomato/cucumber/cheddar sandwiches
- people watching on the street
- watching someone really intensely focused on knitting something (so calm)
- subtle colour changes in the leaves
- tree bark
- free zoos (otters swimming underwater and kids chattering excitedly, monkeys hanging out, birds strutting their stuff, emus being just plain scary)
- looking at pictures of (mini) Bernedoodles on the internet! If I can’t get a Bernese Mountain dog, maybe I can hope for something with some resemblance….
What’s one awesome thing that’s happened to you this week so far? What have you learned?